Wednesday, February 3, 2016

2015-01-25: A Quick Greek Festival Followed by Geocaching

Today started out a little different than normal. We were headed up to Belleview, FL to attend the St Marks Greek Orthodox Church's annual Greek Festival. Being half Greek myself, I have been to a few of these in Orlando but it has been a long time. We were to meet up with some of my mother and other relatives there. However, when we arrived it was already packed!

After walking around the outside vendors and tables, we squeezed our way through the indoor fellowship hall where rows of tables for eating and watching, vendor tables lined the walls, a Greek band playing music on one side, and dancing in the middle. We finally managed to make our way through, viewing everything, and getting back outside where there was a little more breathing room!



Continuing looking around, I spotted my uncle and my cousin. My uncles wife wasn't feeling well and stayed home. My mother and other aunt hadn't arrived yet. We chatted for a few minutes, but it was too crowded for us to hang around any longer. So back in our car to go Geocaching and exploring the area.

We managed to find 13 Geocaches in the area, some longhorn cattle, and this huge oak tree. Another great day and another area explored. Where to next?



No comments:

Post a Comment